Thursday, February 5, 2015

Review: Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer! :)

I've been looking for a new contouring color ever since I found out that my former favourite NYX Taupe started breaking my skin out and not performing that well anymore. I've had no luck so far. After hearing so many good things about the Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer from Too Faced I decided to try if it would be a good match for my fair skin.


I've always liked Too Faced and their products, especially their packaging. Milk Chocolate is no exception, the case is really pretty...! It's not over the top though.



The packaging is really pretty and nice! I like that it comes with a big mirror. The case feels quite heavy but it's not as luxury feeling as I would have expected. Still very pretty :)



Here's some swatches on my fair, neutral skin.



The pigmentation is good, it's not too pigmented so that it would be difficult to blend, it has just the right amount of it, it's very easy to blend and work with. I've been using my Real Techniques Face Expert Brush with this, it's lovely.

For my taste the color is just a bit too warm for me. Originally I got this for contouring and I prefer a more cooler and taupe toned color for that. But for bringing some warmth and a hint of bronzed effect on my skin, it works really nice! So if you are fair skinned and you are looking for a good bronzer, this could be the one for you.

Milk Chocolate Soleil has a pretty strong chocolate or cocoa scent. To be honest, I would prefer it to be unscented but it doesn't bother me to the point where I would stop using it. Some may like it and most people do, it's just not my cup of tea.

I paid around 20€ for my Milk Chocolate Soleil at www.beautybay.com, usually the price is around 30€. I will continue to use this until I find a better color match for my skin. Something cooler and more taupe toned is what I'm looking for. Please leave a comment if you know a product like that, it would make me really happy..! :)

Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

  1. I do not know how easy it would be for you to find it, but I like using the & other stories Face Contour Cream. The color is just perfect for creating a shadow, the color does not have a hint of orange in it at all. Another solution I have for you would be to buy the Sleek Face Form in "Fair". It's around 14€ if I recall right, it has a gorgeous blush (a dupe of Orgasm, but better quality in my opinion ;)) and a highlighter in it and a very nice contour powder that is perfect for my skin which is just as pale as yours, if not paler. I 100% recommend this product and the entire brand and the shipping fees are like, 2-3€ if I remember correctly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment and recommendations! I must look into that Sleek Face Form palette again, I almost once ordered it already but then thought it would not work because the contour color looks quite dark. Also affordable, which is great..! :)

      Delete
  2. Mulla on muutama ehdotus: Make Up Storen luomiväreistä sävyt Smog tai Masai. Smog on se kulttisuosiossa oleva varjostusväri, mutta ainakin itselleni se on vielä himpun liian lämmin. Masai on vielä kylmemmän sävyinen harmaanruskea, joten sopii tosi hyvin punapohjaiselle iholle. Smog lienee parempi neutraalille ihonsävylle. Ehkäpä näistä on apua. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos vinkistä! Pitää ehdottomasti käydä tutkailemassa nämä sävyt! Minun ihon sävy on jotenkin haasteellinen, se on neutraali mutta usein monet luomivärit ja poskipunat kääntyvät lämpimämpään suuntaan iholla. Ei auta kun mennä testaamaan, kiitos...! :)

      Delete
  3. Mä hankin tuon samaisen aurinkopuuterin itselleni joululahjaksi.:) Aurinkopuuterina se on ihana ja antaa luonnollisen lopputuloksen, mutta varsinaisena varjostusvärinä tuo taas pärjää vähän huonommin. Mä oon harkinnut hankkivani seuraavaksi Kevyn Aucoinin The Sculpting Powderin BeautyBaystä. Bongasin sen arvostelun Temptaliasta, ja innostuin! 35 euron hinnassa on vain pientä pureskelemista mun opiskelijabudjetilla...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos vinkistä, pitääpäs käydä myös katsomassa Temptalian kuvat tuosta puuterista...! Hieman kallis on kyllä, mutta jos vain löytäisi sen sopivan varjostussävyn niin olisin valmis sijoittamaan! :)

      Delete
  4. love too faced! love this post! beautiful blog! feel free to check out my blog and let me know what you think :)

    ReplyDelete