Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Review: Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Waterproof Mascara!

As usual, I'm always looking for the best of the best waterproof mascaras. This time I wanted to review one from Bourjois, I had never tried their mascaras so it goes without saying, I was intrigued. This one is their Volume 1 Seconde mascara.


The packaging looks nice, I like the combination of silver and turquoise.



I bought mine at www.feelunique.com, it seems to be around 13€ at the moment.


The brush is pretty big! As you might remember, I'm not a fan of bigger brushes because they tend to be more messy to use than smaller brushes. This one is quite unique, it has some spikes and some ball shaped bristles mixed together. With the brush it's easy to add volume right at the base of my lashes. But like many other mascara wands, the tip collects too much product and if you don't wipe it off, it can make the application a bit messy. Also the edges of the mascara tube collects excess product and ends up drying, so you must remember to clean that too.



As you can see, it gives nice volume for my lashes. I wish it also would hold my lashes curled but in that area it seems to fail. Ok results though!







Looks pretty good! But unfortunately it doesn't hold my lashes curled for more than 15 minutes. Also I would like that the brush would give my lashes more definition. Instead you can end up with clumpy lashes pretty easily if you try to apply too much. Another thing that bothers me is that during the day there's a lot of fall out, it can look quite messy under the eyes and I don't think anyone likes that. The mascara hasn't dried up or anything, but I think it may be because there can be some dried mascara at the edges of the mascara tube.

But what I do like is that it makes my lashes look thicker and fuller. Also it's very easy to remove! Some waterproof mascaras can be a real pain to remove but not this one. If you are looking for some good volume, you may like this one. It's also affordable. Not available in Finland but you can find it online. I will not repurchase because I want my lashes to stay curled all day, but I like the volume it gives me, so I will happily use this up :)

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Oh come on! If a waterproof mascara doesn't hold the curl then... what's the point? =) I am always after the ones that would basically cement my lashes into place, and those are usually the waterproof mascaras. I am surprised to hear that Volume 1 Seconde won't do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, that's why I use waterproof mascara too! :) I have very straight lashes and this one just does not hold my lashes curled like I would want it to. Same thing happened with a Gosh mascara (I did a review). It might work for you. Just giving my honest review... :)

      Delete