Monday, January 19, 2015

Review: Bourjois Healthy Mix Correcting Concealer in 51 Light Radiance

A beauty junkie always seeks for new things to try, eventhough one may have already found the perfect product. I've been using Maybelline FitMe concealer for my under eye area for a long time but still I was intrigued to try a new concealer. I've also wanted to try something from Bourjois for some time now. If you watch a lot of Youtube beauty videos like I do, you can't avoid from hearing about Bourjois.

I decided to get Healthy Mix Correcting Concealer mainly because it seemed to come in a very light shade that would be great for my pale complexion. I believe it's meant to be used mainly in the under eye area because it says "Radiance & Anti-fatique", so that was exactly something I was looking for. Also it's said to be oil-free and moisturising. Sounds good! I ordered mine from www.feelunique.com.


As it was delivered to me I was surprised that it's actually more on the yellow side. Yellow toned concealer would be good covering redness but many times the under eye area can look a bit blue and that's why a peach or salmon toned concealer works better in that area. I also have some redness in that area so I thought it could still work. I chose the lightest shade 51 Light Radiance. It is actually is quite fair!


As you can see, it looks pretty yellow against my relatively neutral and pale skin.




As it looks nice and pigmented in these pictures, I must say that it's more sheer compared to the FitMe. This one lighter in consistency and is not as creamy or as easy to blend. It doesn't cover up my dark circles completely and, unfortunately, I must say that this concealer is not that good in covering my red areas either. For my under eye area I desperately need a really creamy and pigmented concealer and this unofortunately is not enough for me. However, it feels nicely moisturising, so if you don't have that much to cover and you look for moisturising properties in a concealer, I can see this working for you.

One other thing that keeps me from liking this concealer is that it has a pretty strong scent to it. It's not a bad scent but it is quite strong, and I prefer my concealer and foundation mildly scented or scent free. Just something that you might want to take into consideration if you don't like scented products.

What I do like is that it's around 10€. I will try and use this up, maybe mix it with my FitMe. It's not that bad that I would throw it away :)

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment