Monday, November 24, 2014

Review: L'Oréal True Match Foundation :)

I have a foundation review for you! This time I've found a less expensive foundation that is fair enough for my complexion. Only the girls with the fairest skin can relate here when I say that it's really frustrating when you want to try new foundations and every single time the lightest shade is too dark for you. Yes, I hear you. This is why I've been a fan of powdery mineral foundations for a long time now, mainly because there's usually a great selection of shades to choose from. For me it's really hard to find foundations or concealers that are not too dark, especially if I'm trying to find something from drugstore brands. But now I have found something really close...and it's from L'Oréal! Their True Match range has some really light shades. Mine is the neutral toned one, Ivory N1. N stands for neutral which is great for me, because I find that my skin is mostly neutral toned. I can wear yellow based foundations just fine but neutral tones suit me even better. On to the review...


The foundation comes in a nice and sleek bottle with a silver pump, I like the design very much. It feels high end! Also the pump works nicely, you can pump the amount you want easily.



I don't know if you can tell from the picture but there's some tiny little shimmers in the foundation. I don't see the microshimmers transferring on to my face, this foundation dries pretty nicely and to me it seems pretty matte. If you have dry skin I don't think it's necessary to powder over it at all. I have oily skin so I like to apply a light layer of powder on top.


The consistency is quite runny and liquidy. I'm used to more thicker foundations because that usually means better coverage. My skin is now in a better condition and there's less to cover, so I don't mind that it's not completely full coverage. I would say the coverage is medium, but you can build it up if you want to, to a certain point. I definitely need to use some concealer on the red areas like around my nose and on my acne scars but that's fine. The best way for application in my opinion is a synthetic buffing brush of some kind. I've been using my Coastal Scents synthetic flat top buffing brush and it works nicely, although sometimes it seems that it's not the most easiest foundation to blend but I think that has something to do with the moisturiser I'm using. I find that blending get easier if I use a primer underneath. Once the foundation settles on my skin, it looks just great!





In these swatch pictures the coverage looks nice, but that's a lot of product in a small area. I find that if you use too much on the skin, it can look a bit cakey, so usually a one pump is enough for the whole face. The color match is actually pretty good! I find that when it dries it can turn a bit darker but then once it oxidizes a little on my face, it actually turns a little bit more paler. Then it matches my skin perfectly! :)

I have oily skin so I don't expect too many hours of wear out of any foundation. I find that it stays on fine during the day but I definitely need to blot and powder a few times. At the end of the day there is some noticeable wearing off, especially around my nose and on my chin area. But you must remember that my skin is very oily and this foundation is not really an oily skin foundation. If you take that into consideration, this foundation performs just fine!

I paid around 17€ for my foundation, which is not bad for the amount of product you get. The foundation is also in a hygienic bottle with a pump, so it will last a long time. If you have trouble finding the right foundation shade for you, I suggest you do some swatching with the True Match foundation shades. There's a lots of options with different tones (warm, neutral and cool).

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Mulla kutakuinkin sama juttu - vaalea iho kevyesti kellertävällä, mutta ei kuitenkaan niin selkeän keltaisella pohjalla on usein pienoinen haaste varsinkin markettimeikkivoidepuolella. Pari päivää sitten tein pitkästä aikaa edullisen meikkivoidelöydön ja mukaan lähti Rimmelin Lasting Finish Nude, josta löytyi ihan täydellinen neutraali, enemmän kellertävä kuin punertava vaalea sävy. Täytyy pitää True Matchkin mielessä, oon kuullut siitä kehuja muualtakin!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minäkin kävin testaamassa tuota Rimmelin uutuutta, mutta oli valitettavasti hitusen liian tumma ja punaiseen taittava se vaalein sävy :( Mutta koostumus vaikutti todella hyvältä, varmasti olet tehnyt hyvän ostoksen! :)

      Delete
  2. Really helpful review! I was wondering if I should get it, because I have oily skin, and honestly I'm a bit afraid to try new foundations! Lol
    Greetings, http://darialovesmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! :) This foundation works ok on my oily skin eventhough it's not actually targeted for oily skin. I would recommend you give it a try! :)

      Delete