Monday, August 11, 2014

Review: Benefit the POREfessional Agent Zero Shine Powder!

I couldn't help myself, I felt like I needed this...! I ordered this relatively new loose powder thing from Benefit, I'm sure you all have heard of it by now. It's called the POREfessional Agent Zero Shine Shine-vanishing Pro Powder. Basically it's a loose powder in a new type of handbad friendly packaging to help with the fight against shine. I myself have oily skin, so I like to try new things, eventhough I know they don't really erase the problem. But if there's something out there that helps my makeup last just a little bit longer during the day, I'm interested!


I love Benefit, I like how they come up with new, innovative stuff in lovely packaging. The POREfessional is no different.




The packaging is something that made me think if it's going to work at all, it feels a bit cheap and plastic. It has a tiny brush at the bottom that you twist out. Then you open the cap, dispense some product in the cap, the brush fits perfectly in there. I had my doubts since the brush is really small but it's really convenient on the go! Also there is no mess.



The powder itself is finely milled powder with nice, soft texture. It makes my skin feel silky soft, I must say. It says on the box that it helps erase the look of pores, I'm not sure if it does that since I don't consider my pores to be that big of a problem. About the shine thing, I do notice that it sets my foundation really nicely but I don't know if it does any oil absorbing or anything like that. But then again, I don't mind and I didn't expect it would. It's a nice loose powder in lovely fun looking packaging. I like it!


Here's the inci for those interested. I must say that it has some ingredients that don't sound so good. But I guess without the silicones it wouldn't feel so silky smooth or help hide larger pores.



The powder is slightly on the yellow side, but it doesn't look yellow on the skin, I would say it's transparent.
All and all, I like the texture and the packaging and the fact that it's a handbag friendly loose powder. What I don't like is the amount of product you get with your money, Benefit is a bit on the pricey side after all. You only get 7.0 g / 0.24 oz, that's not much for a powder. I got mine from www.lookfantastic.com for £23.50 30,31€. At Ulta.com it seems to be for $30. So not the cheapest loose powder out there, but I'm quite happy with my purchase! :)

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment