Saturday, May 24, 2014

Review: MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Vegas Volt!



Ah, summer! The weather has warmed up where I live, so I'm already in a full summer mood. And you know what that means, it's time to bring out the corals! Coral on my nails, on my toes, on my cheecks and on my lips. Here's my quick review and some swatches of the new MAC lipstick that I got as a Back2Mac. Vegas Volt is, according to MAC, "a full power coral". Well that's what it is!



This is actually my first MAC lip product so I had no idea what kind of formula Amplified Creme was, this was chosen for my by the makeup artist at the MAC counter. I believe it's supposed to be pigmented and vivid but still moisturizing at the same time. I like the sound of that, yes.




The color is definitely bright, but here in the pictures it seems a bit too cool toned, it definitely is more warmer in person. It has a peachy tone to it, but it's still very bright and corally.

It wears pretty well, you definitely get a few hours of wear out of it.  I do have to reapply after eating or drinking. I'm not sure if this formula is supposed to be moisturizing, but I can tell that it doesn't dry my lips. To prevent that from happening, I always wear lipbalm underneath. Feels very comfortable to wear!
With a color this bright it would be a good thing to use lipliner under the lipstick, but I have worn it just on its own and haven't noticed any bleeding. I really like this consistency and I bet my next MAC lipstick will be from this line. I also like the neutral, very light scent of vanilla, it's not bothering at all.




You can see that with just one swipe the color is almost fully opaque, but still you can see that nice creamy shine. Lovely. On the lips it looks more brigter and coral than in these cool toned pictures. It looks very bright against my fair skin, but I don't mind.


If you are looking for a bright coral for the summer, I highly recommend to check out Vegas Volt! I definitely can recommend the Amplified Creme Lipsticks based on my experiences with Vegas Volt. Last summer I wore Coral Queen from Rimmel pretty much through whole summer, I think Vegas Volt is going to be The lipcolor for me this summer.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Amplified on varmaan mun lempparikoostunus. Näyttää aivan superihanalta punalta, herättää hankintahaluja täälläkin!

    ReplyDelete