Thursday, May 1, 2014

Review: Isadora Volume & Curl Mascara

 Another mascara review for you!


Isadora came out with a new mascara some time ago. I totally was sucked in somehow. I know, it's not waterproof! And I only use waterproof mascaras, so why buy it then? Well, the name says volume and curl, so I thought it somehow would hold my lashes curled. The packaging also says "super easy removal" so I thought this is one of those mascaras that come off with just warm water. I also remeber using the Sensai 38 mascara for years (Kanebo back then) when I was younger AND loving it, so I decided to go for it and cross my fingers it would work.


I really like the brush, it's the curvy type like The Falsies has. It makes the application super easy and fast! The brush does collect a little bit of excess product so you have to clean it against the tube...no-one likes clumps.



What comes to volume, this mascara does give a lot of volume to my lashes. I really like that the brush enables a nice application right to the base of my lashes. It's a bit more difficult to use on the lower lashes because the tip of the brush is just cut, if you know what I mean. Also, you can't really layer this mascara, otherwise it will start to look clumpy pretty soon.


Here's one layer of the Volume & Curl mascara. About the curvy part, this is where this mascara disappointed me. From the beginning it became clear to me that it's not going to hold my lashes curled for more than 3 minutes. It's not waterproof, so it's just not working for my stiff, staight lashes. My eyes look a bit tired if my lashes are not curled properly, I think.

The second disappointing thing was that during the day there's a lot of fall out with this mascara. This is not usually a problem with waterproof mascara, so that's why I was so sensitive to notice it and it soon started to bother me. Fall out with mascara is a definite no for me.


I did like that it really is easy to remove with just hot water. I also liked that it's a truly volumising mascara because that is hard to find in waterproof versions, they are usually totally different formula and the volumising aspect is hard to reach. I know many people have liked this mascara, it just didn't meet with my expectations. I need my lashes to stay curled and my mascara looking fresh and neat all day. I wish Isadora would make waterproof versions of their newer mascaras too, I really liked their Extra Volume Build-up Mascara a lot.

Isadora is quite expensive here in Finland, I think this Volume & Curl retails around 16€, which is a lot for a drugstore mascara. I will try to use this for some time because I don't have a backup mascara at the moment, I think I'll be going back to one of my Maybelline favourites.. :)

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment