Monday, April 14, 2014

Review: Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush in Candy Glow!

Some time ago I told you that I finally got my hands on this one precious makeup item that I've been wanting for a long time! I finally had the time to take some pictures and swatch it for you, so here's my quick review on the blush! I ordered the Candy Glow version, Too Faced has released two more colors after releasing it, but I felt that Candy Glow would be perfect for my pale complexion, which it is.


The packaging was the main reason I wanted Candy Glow. It's a heart shaped box made out of card board. Baby pink and lovely. What actually surprised me was the size of this blush, it's relatively big! It's definitely one of the biggest ones I own because of the packaging. It will take a lot of space in my travel makeup bag but no way I'm leaving it home when I'm going out of town for Easter... :)




Candy Glow has three different colors, a cool toned light pink, a pinky peach color and a deeper peach color with gold sheen. I like the pink color, but I've noticed myself using the two peachy colors more..




Candy Glow, as lovely as it looks and as luxorious as it feels, is not the most pigmented one out there. It gives a nice flush of glowing color (hence the name, I would guess...), but it lacks of pigmentation, which means that I have to apply it with a heavy hand. I mean very heavy, in my case. But I don't mind. It's a very versatile color, I think it will work on many skin tones too. Especially the pale girls should own this one.





Here are some swatches, swatched separately and then all three color together. The colors are very pretty! As you can see, the pigmentation is not the best, but it looks anyways.


It looks nice on my fair skin, I think! The picture was taken in front of a window (and not very well...) so the blush looks a bit cool toned here. I also toned it down a bit, usually I tend to apply more..

Candy Glow retails around 30€ ($30 at Too Faced website), so it is a bit expensive, but for the money you get all that prettyness and a lovely, versatile blush. I wish it was a bit more pigmented, but then again, you can't go wrong with it and it is buildable. I really like the extra glow that it gives to my cheeks. I have no regrets spending my money on Candy Glow.

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Voi ei, toi pakkaus on niiiiiin suloinen!! Ostaisin jo sen takia :>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Se on yksi suloisimmista!! :) Juuri pakkaus sai minut tätä himoitsemaan jo ensi näkemästä...

      Delete
  2. Omg, I have this blush on my WL for ages now. The price is stopping me to buy it...maybe I'll have to ask my US friends for a favour :D
    passingfancyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's quite expensive...I had it on my wishlist for ages too...then I had a one bad day and there was my justification to get it... ;)

      Delete