Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Review: MAC Powder Blush in Melba!


I have a new favourite blush and I think our lovestory will be going on strong the whole spring and summer. It's Melba from MAC that I showed on my recent MAC haul post. Here's my review on it and some pictures and swatches.



According to MAC, Melba is a sotf coral-peach color. To me it looks more like a muted peach color, definitely soft and suitable for many skin tones. Lovely, universal color that goes with many makeup looks.
I must say that I probably wouldn't have picked Melba if I had seen it in natural light, the lighting at the MAC counter was very bright so it made all the blushes look lighter than they actually were. It looked like a really light peach color! And then the makeup artist applied it on my cheeks and I was sold.




Here it also looks a bit lighter than it actually is, I tried to adjust the color but that just didn't work... (poor photoshopping skills...) It's matte, so no shimmers here! I like matte blushes because I like to use a highlighter separately. As you may know, I kind of have a thing for highlighters too.



The pigmentation is great, it is very pigmented and soft, so you need to be careful not to apply too much at once. Light hand is the way to go. I have tried different brushes with this blush and I find that the best one is a brush with tense bristles, it makes the blending easier. Synthetic also works great, it picks up less product at once.

Here in the swatch pictures you can see that Melba has that muted tone but then again on the cheeks it looks a bit brighter and not bad at all! So if you have fair skin, don't be afraid to try this one out.




As you can see, the swatches look quite different compared to what Melba actually looks on my cheeks. In the pan it can look a bit dirty or almost muddy, but then it brightens up on my cheeks just nicely. And I really like how it goes with everything. I paid 23,50€ for it, quite expensive here in Finland but then again, I've been using it almost every day since I got it. Money well spent!

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Ooo- kylläpä Melba näyttää IHANALTA! Ostoslistalle meni heti. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tämä oli kyllä onnistunein ei suunniteltu - ostos aikoihin :D Suosittelen, ihana kesäsävy :)

      Delete