Thursday, March 27, 2014

Review: Urban Decay Naked Ultra Nourishing Lipgloss in Lovechild! :)

Lovechild was the first one I tried out of the three Naked Ultra Nourishing Lipglosses that I got recently. Here's the thing, I'm a lipbalm girl all the way, I haven't been using lipgloss that much lately. I think it goes in phases, sometimes I like using lipstick, sometimes gloss and most of the time just lipbalm. Until now, because I have fallen in love with these Naked glosses!





I must rave just a little about the packaging. Urban Decay packaging with the lipglosses is once again spot on, I really like the high end look, it feels expensive and looks classy and most importantly, it feels that it actually is high quality. I like how the bottom is see-through, you don't have to check the sticker from the end to see what color you want. Loving that gold color...

Urban Decay Ultra Nourishing Lipglosses Streak (top), Walk Of Shame and Lovechild



Nice detailing, ah!



The glosses have that sponge type of a wand and it's just the type I like. I like that it dispenses a good amount of product at once so you don't have to dip the wand in the tube many times when you want to apply.



Lovechild is a creamy pink color with cool tones in it, even though it doesn't seem like it if you look at the swatch pictures. Lovechild has a good amount of pigmentation but it's not opaque by any means, it's definitely sheer but still gives a nice hue of nude pink on my lips. My lips are quite dark and pigmented on their own but you still can see a hint of color with Lovechild. I really like that it's not shimmery.

The consistency is quite nice, it feels smooth and creamy and sort of moisturizing on the lips. It has a minty scent that isn't that strong, it fades away almost instantly. I don't usually like peppermint scented products but here it's fine since it's almost unnoticeable. These glosses are not supposed to be sticky but in my opinion they are just a little. At first it doesn't feel like it but when it starts to wear off it starts to feel a bit sticky. I don't mind, but I feel like I need to apply more pretty soon. Lovechild does start to fade away quite soon after application but I guess that happens to most of the glosses. All and all I really like the creamy and moisturizing consistency.




Here's some swatches pictured on my pale skin. I tried to picture it on my lips but that just didn't work out, I have chapped lips right now and it wasn't pretty.

I really like Lovechild, it gives me just a hint of cool pink on my lips and goes with anything. I think these glosses will replace my lipbalm during the days. I think they are under 20€ (around $20 in the US), which is not bad in my opinion, considering that the product inside that lovely golden tube is great. I think I want more colors now... :)

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! I have nominated you for a #LiebsterAward. Here is my blog about the nomination: http://mymakeupissues.blogspot.ca/2014/03/liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete