Thursday, January 23, 2014

Review: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pink Gold! :)

Here's my quick review on the pretty Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pink Gold! I've really been loving and using the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Permanent Taupe a lot, I love it as a base for a taupe smokey eye looks. I got the Pink Gold mainly to be used as a base too, lighter, everyday looks in my mind.





Pink Gold is a lovely, almost metallic light pink color. It looks a bit cool in the pictures, but it's not so much in the swatch pictures. I don't own that many cream shadows but I must say this is great stuff. It goes on smoothly but dries a bit sticky so your eyeshadow will stick to it easily and it makes the colors pop and also last longer. I've been using it without any primer underneath and it seems to be working great as a primer. I did try it to wear just alone on my lids but my lids are super red on their own and it didn't look good, I would have needed to use a separate nude  primer or concelaer to conceal the redness first. So I've been only using it as a base under neutral eye makeup.



Very pretty..! I can imagine that this particular color would work lovely with the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette...I've been reading the reviews a lot but I know I wouldn't be using that palette enough so I cannot allow myself to buy it.

What comes to staying power, I have oily skin and sometimes oily lids too but I've noticed that these Color Tattoos don't grease on me. They go on smoothly, work great as a primer and don't cost much. The only thing that I'm worried about is that these may start drying pretty soon in their jar after you first open them and the jar is not the most hygienic type for an eye product.

If I compare Permanent Taupe and Pink Gold, I do like Permanent Taupe better over the Pink Gold because it's matte and has more pigmentation, this one has a slightly different consistency. I must say that I also like taupe as a color so much that it may have affected my opinion on Pink Gold ;)

I highly recommed these, I wish there was a wider color selection available here in Finland.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Tämä on aivan ihana sävy! Itseltäkin löytyy tämä, mutta en ole tajunnut kokeilla Naked 3:n kanssa. Loistava yhdistelmä varmasti. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tuli heti jotenkin mieleen Naked 3, himoitsen sitä itsellenikin niin kovasti...! Mutta jäisi vähälle käytölle kuitenkin, en uskalla ostaa....Laitahan Pink Gold testiin Naked 3:n kanssa! :)

      Delete