Sunday, December 29, 2013

Review: Elf Studio Blush in Candid Coral!

I have the blush blues. I haven't found anything exciting in the blush department for a long time now. I haven't been able to buy anything high end but then again haven't found anything special from the drugstore brands eather. I have been into Urban Decay lately but they don't have any blushes that would tickle my fancy. Talking about serious problems..! ;) And talk about the lack of light here in North Europe. Boy it's dark in here! That means lack of posts for this beauty blogger.

During the summer I got a few of the hyped Elf blushes, but it now seems that we didn't become best friends. This time I wanted to show you one of the Studio blushes, here's a quick review and some swatches of the Candid Coral blush.



Candid Coral to me is a medium coral color. It has a quite strong golden shimmer to it, which I don't like that much. But it's a lovely color! I would say it's perfect for light to medium skin tones. The gold shimmer gives a nice glowy finish and the texture is quite soft, but not too powdery. Easy to apply and blend! For the price that they sell these blushes, it's a really good and high quality blush. Lovely peachyness all the way.

As you can see from the swatch pictures below, the pigmentation is ok, it's pigmented enough to show color but sheer enough that you can't go wrong with this blush.





Now that I look at these pictures and I'm writing this review, I cannot help but to think WHY I don't use this blush more often! In these pictures it looks just great, but when I apply it on my cheeks, it turns a bit dirty looking, I think it's just a little bit too dark for my pale skin and the golden glow is just a little too warm for me. I do love the quality and how this blush is easy to apply. Too bad! I still use Candid Coral though, I just have to use it with a lighter hand and as you may know, that's not usually the way I choose to apply my blush... So we didn't become best friends but still, it's a very nice blusher.

Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. So pretty! Maybe I could give this a go next time e.l.f has their half off- offer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ostin tämän (ja monta muuta) viimein! Kovasti e.l.f.in poskipunien laatu vaihtelee, mutta tästä kyllä tykkään.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minäkin tykkään tästä! :) taisin hurahtaa kerran samaan -50% aleen kuin sinäkin :) tykkään enemmän näistä Studio - punista, se Baked Blush ei ollut koostumukselta oikein mieleeni, mutta olen käyttänyt arkena, ei voi mennä ainakaan pieleen kun ei ole niin pigmenttinen!

      Delete
  3. You should try the mauve colour from the elf blushes - I love that one ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must look into that right away, thank you! :) I have to say that I've been using this a lot and I like the glow it gives me :)

      Delete