Friday, October 18, 2013

Review: Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette!

I'm excited! I rewarded myself for...well can't remember exactly what, but rewarded anyways with the Urban Decay Naked Basics eyeshadow palette. And it's lovely...!



I like the look and the case of this palette. However, it's the rubbery type like the NARS packaging, so I'm assuming it will get dirty pretty soon. Also the case is not the easiest one to open, you have to use your nails and girls who like to paint their nails know that that just won't do ;) I myself try to protect my nail polish from chipping so I have difficulties opening this palette.



I ordered my palette from hqhair.com and I must say I wasn't happy when it arrived. There wasn't any kind of material to protect the palette, it was loose in a cardboard box without any packing material. Don't they want their customers to recieve their items undamaged? That's not good service. Luckily the palette itself was not damaged. Well, the black color looked like someone had touched it. I just didn't want to make a complaint.



So on to the palette! Well, not just yet...I think I need to explain why I got this palette. I don't wear dark eyeshadow that often, I only use light nude colors to cover my red lids. Sometimes I line my lash line with black or dark brown eye shadow. That's basically all what I do with shadows. I wear a darker smokey eye sometimes when I go out, but that's not that often. I've been wanting a palette that would carry all my essential colors (matte nude, shimmery nude, taupe and black) and almost ordered a freedom palette from Inglot but then I decided to get the Naked Basics instead. Just because it seemed more interesting and I've heard great things about it. And just take a look at it, and the swatches!




There's six eyeshadows, five of them are matte and one is satin (Venus). All of them feel soft and are super pigmented, especially the two darker colors. I can see myself doing some darker smokey eye looks too with this palette, but the main reason I got it was the lighter shades because those I use daily.






I wish the browns in this palette were just a little bit more on the cool side, then it would be perfect. But the three nude colors are just perfect for my everyday use. And the black is the most intense and pigmented black I own, just amazing!

 


So far I've been really liking this palette. Despite the case that's difficult to open! With a discount I paid only 20€ of my palette, now that's a pretty fair deal for six high quality shadows. If you don't have yours yet, I highly recommed you get it, this palette really has all the basics you need!

Maybe I'll do an EOTD for you tomorrow, let's see.

Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. I use my Naked Basics palette everyday! Mine used to be hard to open too, but now it's quite easy (probably since I've opened it so many times!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using it a lot too and it's getting easier to open up ;)

      Delete
  2. After i've read so many good reviews I really have to think of buying this palette! It seems to be amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you must get it, it a quality piece! :)

      Delete
  3. I would SO love to see you do a tutorial (or a few!) with this palette! I'm a huge makeup junkie in terms of mascara, foundations, blush, and eyeliners but I rarely wear eyeshadow. I just bought this palette though to step up my look a little bit but I need a bit of inspiration to start wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this is the perfect palette to start wearing eyeshadow :) I might do a few neutral looks with the Naked Basics, that's a really good idea! Thanks for your comment :)

      Delete