Saturday, September 28, 2013

What happened to NYX Taupe?

I use NYX Powder Blush in Taupe pretty much everyday, it's a stable in my makeup routine. It's the perfect color for contouring if you have lighter skin tone. It's the perfect brown with no orange tones. I know there are other fans out there :)




But now something is different! It used to have amazing pigmentation but now it seems to be gone.
In the swatch picture below I had to really layer the blush to get it to show color this much. It's very difficult to use on my face too. The texture has changed and it's no longer soft and easy to use, it's now harder and lacks of pigmentation. What is this, NYX?


Also, it has started to break me out, at least I think that's what's causing it. I have blemishes under my jaw line, and since that is where I contour, I can't help but to think the blush is doing it. I wash my brushes pretty often, so I don't think it's coming from that. Also some blemishes are on the cheeks too.

Now, has anyone else had these types of problems lately? Is my NYX Taupe just from a bad batch or have they really changed it? If they have, I need your help. Anyone know a dupe for NYX Taupe? I'm desperate.

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. although i haven't noticed sth different about taupe i think sth similar is illamasqua eyeshadow heroin..comes with a higher price tag :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, I need to check that out :)

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I bought 2 Taupes recently for my mom and sis and they both stink! Exactly how you described it, I'm actually quite dissapointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, so they have changed it! I'm very disappointed too. It really was my favourite and I haven't found anything like it!

      Delete