Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Review: Elf Baked Blush in Peachy Cheeky!

I've been testing out my Elf stuff that I ordered recently. First one to be reviewed is this lovely peachy blusher called Peachy Cheeky. It's one of Elf's Baked Blushes. Looks so pretty...!! Lovely peachy...ness.





The blush has some light gold shimmer baked into it, it makes the finish quite pearly and almost shimmery. It doesn't have any big or visible shimmers, but still it's very shiny. The color is a light peach, it's very pretty specially on lighter complexions, I'm not sure if this one will show up that much on darker skin tones.




Here's the swatch, it tried to take a picture in the sunlight to capture the lovely finish, but I had no luck. The color pay of is decent, I had to layer it a little for the picture. I have to do that when I apply it to my cheeks too, the pigmentation is not that great and you have to use it lightly to avoid looking too shimmery.



I do like this blush, it's the perfect color, but I don't like the consistency. It's too powdery and you have to layer it quite a bit. It's just too messy to use, and I prefer a little more subtle finish, almost matt. I did wanted to like it, mainly because of the pretty color but because it's super inexpensive too. Well, better luck next time, I hope the Studio Blushes will perform a little better :)

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. The color is beautiful, but if the quality is not great I will skip this product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I didn't like the quality of this blush, I hope the bronzers work better, I have tai of those waiting to be reviewed :)

      Delete