Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Review: Maybelline The Rocket Volum'Express Waterproof Mascara!

I have another mascara review for you! Alongside blushes, mascaras are my favourite beauty products to test out and review for you. It's probably because I myself look like a totally different person with a little mascara on :)


The very much hyped Rocket was due to end up in my shopping bag eventually, no beauty blogger can skip this one!


The Rocket promises me "Massive volume in rocket time! Clump Free & Waterproof".

As you may know, my lashes are totally straight and in order to keep them curled, I need to use waterproof mascara. Unfortunately regular mascara does nothing for me.

 One thick coat of The Rocket:


I have mixed feelings, I was expecting this to blow my mind, at least! The hype was so intense! But to me this does not qualify as a volumising mascara. My lashes do look quite nice in the pictures but something is missing. It does add some volume to the roots or my lashes but fails to do so throughout. It seems more lengthening than volumizing or defining. My lashes are not as defined and separated as I would like them to be, and I see some clumps. Clumps are a definite no no for me.
It does hold my lashes curled and it was easy to remove, I will say that :)



The brush is also quite big and therefore  difficult to use and the tip collects excess product. Reminds me a lot of the False Lash Effect from Max Factor, which was not my cup of tea.


Overall I'm disappointed. My expectations were too high and  because this mascara was only a good basic mascara, I can't make myself like it. But I'm thinking that this time the differences in the consistency between the regular and the waterproof version are bigger than usual, they must be :)

If you want length, this is for you, in my opinion. Volume and separation, try something else instead.

Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my god I love you! You seriously have the best mascara reviews, especially because they are all of wp formulas! I also happen to have completely pin straight lashes too, so these are really helpful.

    I actually almost bought The Rocket a few weeks ago, but I got the Maybelline Falsies Feather Look instead (actually I wanted to buy the regular Falsies wp, damn you similar packaging!). So far I'm really happy, even though the wand is pretty chunky. Finally a wp mascara without a completely runny consistency!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :)

      Haha, I did the same mistake once, I was supposed to get the regular Falsies but bought accidentally the Feather look insted. Ended up liking it though! It gets better when it dries even more :)

      It's a shame that so many potential mascaras don't come in waterproof versions here in Finland! I think there are more of us with straight lashes!

      Delete
  2. Great review! I love Maybelline the Falsies Flared mascara, but I have yet to try The Rocket. Thanks to your review, I think I may skip it and stick the mascara I know and love. :)

    www.beautymadesimple.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always want try new products and then end up regretting not buying the ones that I know I like :) And the difficult thing with mascaras is that it may work for you but not for me...so I continue to try new ones, vicious circle!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, I guess it does! :) Could be better though ;)

      Delete
  5. In your opinion what is the best mascara from Maybelline ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like The Falsies, but also the Define-A-Lash Volume version gives really nice results. I haven't used it for a while now, I think I want to buy that next :)

      Delete