Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Review: L'Oréal Nude Magique BB Powder!

I don't like where the BB hype has headed, companies use BB to market almost anything. Despite all this, I went and bought the Nude Magique BB Powder. I have many reasons that support my debatable purchase. Firstly, I needed a new powder. Yes, an excellent justification. Secondly, the shiny lavender compact look so pretty and tempting. Hmm, not that convincing. Lastly, the powder felt really really soft! Ok, to the check out counter.


The package looks very nice, it has a shiny high end feel. But when you use it, it feels a bit cheap and flimsy. The mirror and the sponge are under the powder, so in order to apply you first need to lift the powder to get the sponge out and then flip it back to apply the powder. If you want to use the mirror, you must lift again. Not handy at all!





But the powder itself is really a good one! I swatched it many times at the store and it was the softest one I tested and I swatched pretty much all of them. Here it's swatched quite heavily. The lightest shade is a good match for those with fair or light complexions.


It's very finely milled and it almost vanishes into the skin when I apply it. It doesn't look cakey or change color on the skin during the day. Applies amazingly! It is perfect for touch ups because it doesn't buid up on my skin and make it look too heavy or cakey. I don't know what it is, but this feels so different compared to all the other powders I have tried! Well, let's not get too carried away. It is buildable but of course only to a certain point. However, I feel that it's light, nice as a finishing powder but even better as a touch up powder. To use it on your own, it might be a little too light if you want coverage.

In my opinion the price was too high for a drugstore product (around 16€ here in Finland), I think there's some BB extra added to the price ;)  Regardless the fact that it has nothing to do with BB, and the price, I really like this powder. Soft, not chalky, heavy or too powdery (the most important quality feature of a powder, haha) and applies like a dream. Worth of trying if you are thinking about it!

Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

  1. For some reason this looks a bit powdery on me (it looks fine milled enough in the pan, but not on my face) and oil-control could be better. I mainly use it as finishing powder together with my Mcshic powder foundation, that is too pinkish alone.
    The saleslady claimed it has some SPF, but there's no mention of it anywhere or ingerient-wise, so she must have made it up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has some titanium dioxide in it, which also acts as a mineral sun screen, so it may give some protection against the sun but I wouldn't count on it, the amount of it is probably quite small.

      Could it work better on my skin because I have oily skin? I don't know, but it like how it looks on my skin.

      Delete
    2. I remember she - the saleslady - said it has SPF 12, the same as the BB cream.

      Delete
    3. Could be, but like you said there's no mention of it anywhere..weird!

      Delete
    4. This is an old post so you are probably not wondering about this anymore, but I am answering anyway... :P
      It is true that titanium dioxide works as a mineral sun screen. However, it is not allowed to market products containing only titanium dioxide as sun screens within the EU (due to mixing issues etc). In the US it is okay. This powder, which presumably is designed primarily for the US market, probably has SPF 12 but it just doesn't fulfil EU's (very strict) demands for products that can be marketed as sun screens...

      Delete
  2. Have you tried the Maybelline Fit Me Powder? It's a tad cheaper than this L'Oréal one and it's also really finely milled and gives a nice cake-free finish :) But this one looks interesting as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it yet, but I will next! I have found that the lightest shades from the foundation and concealer are just a little too dark for me so maybe that's why I haven't even taken a look at the powders. But thanks for the recommendation :)

      Delete