Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Review: H&M Nudes Eyeshadow Palette!

I had my eye on this palette from HM for a long time before I actually ended up buying it. I was afraid that it would be poor in quality since I didn't have a chance to swatch it in the store. I don't own any makeup from HM so the quality was a total mystery.


A perfect collection of nudes, I must say that. A pearly white with golden sheen, a matte nude color, a warmer shimmery nude, a perfect light taupe and a sligthly darker brown for crease. Looks great together!


Unfortunately that's pretty much it what comes to good things. Well, the price 4,95€ was nice.  Unfortunately the quality is really bad. To start with, the color pay off is bad, especially in the lighter colors. The dark brown is the only one that has a little bit of a kick, but then again it's quite powdery and messy to work with. Compared to Wet'n'wild shadows, these are from a totally different world, even though they represent the same price range. A total miss for H&M.




Here's the swatches, I had to apply heavily over a good layer of UDPP to get these shadows to show some color. Without the primer only the darker brown showed ok in the pictures.


If I want cheap thrills that are nice quality, I will stick to Wet'n'wild and not stray from my path anymore. I think there's no need for me to visit the makeup shelves at H&M anymore.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment