Sunday, May 5, 2013

Review: Maybelline The Colossal Volum'Express Waterproof Mascara!

I'm always looking for new mascaras to try, especially mascaras that promise to give my lashes some extra volume and definition. As you may know  I only use waterproof mascara so usually the selection to choose from is limited, not every mascara is available in waterproof.



While looking for a new mascara I realised I hadn't used The Colossal from Maybelline in years! I used it back then when it first came out but forgot about it then. Now years later I  repurchased  it and I'm glad I did!


Colossal has a big, regular soft brush. I wasn't expecting it to give me any massive results or fine definition but it turned out to be quite nice! It promised to give my lashes "up to 7 x more volume" and "no clumps". Well, it did a good job.


I think my lashes look thick and full, so it did give me the volume that I wanted. Also it did a pretty good job when it comes to definition, allthough it couldn't reach the level of a really good rubbery brush. But still pretty close.
The Colossal waterproof holds my curl all day, that is the reason why I use waterproof in the first place. It's quite easy to remove too. Plus it gives me pretty lashes with volume. All this at a cheap price...You must like that!

The only thing that I don't like is that because the brush is relatively big, it's sometimes messy to use. I'm used to smaller rubbery brushes now and going back to a bigger regular one has increased the consumption of Q-tips in my household in the mornings :) But I don't mind, as long as the results are this good.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments: