Saturday, January 5, 2013

Review: Maybelline Dream LumiTouch Highlighting Concealer!

I've been trying out different under eye concealers ever since I finished my MAC Prep+Prime Highlighter Pen. 23€ for a concealer is too much in my opinion so I've been on a look out for cheaper versions.


Today I wanted to review Maybelline's Dream LumiTouch Highlighting Concealer. Mine is the lightest shade, I can't remember what it's called and the label has worn off. Anyway, I found this on sale and have been using it for some time now. I really like it!




It's thick enough to conceal my under eye circles, which is the main thing I look for in a good concealer. It really has great pigmentation! A light layer truly covers all the darkness I have under my eyes. I've also used LumiTouch as an all over concealer and it's really great. I usually blend it with my fingers and it blends super easily. I usually set my under eye concealer with a light layer of powder but I have also found that powdering is not necessary in this case. It doesn't look cakey if you use both lightly. With a heavier layer it can look a bit cakey but that's what happens with any product if you use it too much. The only thing that's not working for me is the shade. It's a bit too dark for me. I still can use it, so it's not too dark but still not a perfect match. I couldn't tell you anything about the highlighting abilities eather because it's too dark for me, so it does'nt really highlight anything for me. The packaging feels a little cheap too but that doesn't really bother me that much.

I highly recommend this concealer for under eye area, it covers up everything. Plus it's really inexpensive, so what's not to love! But because it's just a little too dark for me, I won't be repurchasing it, and I'm sad. I don't seem to be finding what I'm looking for from the drugstore brands. It's hard to be the pale girl sometimes.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I have also one with the same brush of Catrice, the re-touch lightreflecting concealer.

    ReplyDelete