Thursday, December 20, 2012

Review: Maybelline The Falsies Feather-Look Volum'Express Waterproof Mascara!

I have another mascara review for you! I really like doing these reviews because I love to test out new mascaras when ever I get the chance. I like to buy the more inexpensive drugstore brands because I find it a bit wastefull to spend over $30 for a high end mascara (you've heard this before..). But I really do think that drugstore mascaras can be as good or sometimes even better than the more expensive ones.



I've tried many Maybelline mascaras and so far I have liked many of them. I only use waterproof mascara and I think Maybelline has done a good job with their waterproof ones. Many brands don't even bring out a waterproof version of their mascaras and that's a shame.

On to the review! I really liked The Falsies mascara so I went and bought another one, or that's what I though I did. When I got home it turned out to be a different version of The Falsies, I accidentally picked out something called The Falsies Feather-Look. It didn't have the curved brush!


The brush is just a regular old mascara brush, nothing new here. Once I saw it, I thought it was not going to separate my lashes or give that much of volume. Nor give me the same look that The Falsies, the original version, did. I must say, this Feather-Look is totally different from the original The Falsies. I think I'm going to call it Feather-Look instead because this is nothing like The Falsies I reviewed before.

The first time I used Feather-Look, it was nothing special because it was too liquidy. Once it started to dry a little, it started working! Here's what it looks like at it's best, I really like the results eventhough I was skeptical. You just really have to layer it a lot but since it's called the Feather-Look, my lashes still look nice and feel soft after layering. Usually I don't layer mascara that much, but this time it's ok and doesn't look bad at all. I still would like to have more volume and definitely some more separation for my lashes but still, I think it looks nice.


And here's some pictures that are taken on a different day, when I don't layer it that much. Looks quite nice like this too! Doesn't reach the level of the original Falsies or Lumene's Blueberry Curl but nice enough for me. Maybe I will get the original Falsies next time but I'm not disappointed eather. Easy to remove and keeps my lashes curled all day, that's makes me like it even more. And boy, does my eye area look red without any primer and nude eye shadow...




All and all my love for Maybelline mascaras is not going to cool down, my love is still strong. I've repurchased One by One already since it was so great. Feather-Look was nice but I didn't fall in love with the brush. Nice results though!

Thanks for reading!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, you have amazing lashes! This mascara doesn't do much for my short, stiff Asian lashes. They don't like to stay curled >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! My lashes are straight and quite stiff too so regular mascara is not an option. This one holds my curl nicely, too bad it didn't work for you :( What's your favourite waterproof mascara? Always looking for new ones to try :)

      Delete
  2. It seems to me a good mascara! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it seems like a really good mascara :) I just don't like to layer too much and the brush is not my favourite type. But great results! :)

      Delete
  3. your lashes ARE SO CRAZY LONG! they look great :)

    Check out my blog at: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite mascaras too:) your lashes look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lashes here are amazing! :o I achieved almost the same too when I used the original Falsies. It's my fave too. Silly me, I bought the Magnum Volum Express Super Film and I wasn't a bit impressed although it was easy to take it off. You lose some, you get some I guess. Which reminds me, I must blog about this. lol

    ChicBeauty on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow you have beautiful lashes ;)
    Maybelline mascaras are rarely disappointing so far, but i wanna try other brand. Have you tried any Loreal mascaras?

    ReplyDelete