Friday, October 26, 2012

Review: Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Mascara!

I went and bought Rimmel's ScandalEyes Waterproof Mascara without reading any blog posts or reviews about it. I know mascaras can work differently on different lashes. For exemple Max Factor's False Lash Effect is a favourite of a lot of people but it didn't do anything special for my lashes. I had high expectations towards this mascara, it promised to give my lashes volume with no clumps. Who wouldn't want that?

 


The packaging looks quite cheap to me, I'm not that into the neon color. But then again I know only what's inside matters..

 

The brush is huge! It's quite hard to work with eventhough I have relatively big eyes. I like the rubbery wands more but some regular brushes has worked great for me in the past, like Isadora's Extra Volume Build Up Waterproof Mascara. I actually almost got that one instead of this, maybe I will repurchase it the next time.

Does ScandalEyes work then? No. Pretty much everything is wrong with this mascara! It doesn't meet the expectations I have about a waterproof mascara. A good waterproof mascara should hold my curl all day and give me separation and volume, Rimmel ScandalEyes fails to do that, it doesn't give me any volume and makes my lashes straight like I never even used a lash curler! I don't know what happens when I apply it, first my lashes are nice and curled and after applying the mascara they look straight again. I don't get it. So I don't know if this actually is waterproof or not! I haven't tested it and to be honest, I don't even care. I'm throwing it away. I already purchased something else to replace ScandalEyes mascara. It's been a while since a beauty product has disappointed me so badly. I don't know if someone likes this mascara, someone just might. My lashes are super straight and need to be curled. If I use regular mascara my lashes look straight again after curling them in about 10 minutes. This mascara does it in seconds. I didn't even take any pictures because I couldn't even leave the house wearing it, I don't want to use this even for that one time to take pictures, I'm sorry.

The only good thing about this mascara was the price, I paid only 7€ for it. I'm not happy to give a bad review but this just didn't work for me. I know it can work for someone else!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment