Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Review: Maybelline One by One Volum'Express Waterproof Mascara!

I was very disappointed in my Rimmel mascara that I had in store, so I had to throw it away. Of course I reviewed it first but now I want to rave about another mascara! I needed to get another mascara in a rush and I was already heading to the check out counter with Isadora's Extra Volume Build Up mascara but then thought why be this boring when you really actually want to try something new. So I picked out Maybelline's One by One Volum'Express mascara in waterproof because I have a good history with Maybelline mascaras and I'd wanted to try it since it came out but couldn't find the waterproof version here on Finland. Well now we have it and I was excited :)






The wand is the big rubbery type and is something that I knew would work for me. In a good mascara I look for separation, definition and volume. It also needs to hold my lashes curled all day, I have quite long lashes but they are just completely straight. Maybelline One by One promises to give my lashes exactly what I need: instant clump-free volume.
And you know what, it does just that! It separates my lashes beautyfully with no clumps. The container gives just the right amount of mascara on to the wand and makes the application really easy. The wand is quite easy to work with eventhough it is larger than average. No excess mascara on the tip! Loving it.


I usually apply just one coat of mascara and find my lashes to look messy if you apply more coats. But with One by One you can add a second layer without it looking messy or too much. One coat is fine too, you get voluminous lashes with this mascara quite easily! When it comes to results, I think it can almost reach the level of my all time favourite Lumene's Blueberry Curl but since Blueberry Curl is very hard to remove and One by One really is not, One by One has taken the number one place! I love this mascara! Lovely results, easy to remove and affordable price. Hard to beat that!



Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Never tried maybelline's mascara but it looks awesome on you!

    Vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try, some of them are just great :) I like the Falsies too.

      Delete
  2. How do you remove your waterproof mascaras? I heard that one by one waterproof mascara is quite hard to remove...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favourite product is Lumene's remover for waterproof makeup, it's really good! Also Garnier has a good one too. I use a cotton pad and a good amount of remover. Waterproof mascara is harder to remove in general, but I found that One by One was quite easy one. :)

      Delete