Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Review: Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque & Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub!

I'm back with a skin care review! Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask replaced my all time favourite mask from Clinique. Clinique discontinued their Deep Cleansing Emergency Mask, I was so mad because it was the perfect mask for my oily skin. But I got the Mint Julep mask after reading some great reviews. I got it with Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub and I'll review that too :)



Let's start with the mask.Let's just say that this is not for dry skin. But for my oily acne prone skin it's a life saver! It's a clay based mask and therefore it's great for oily skin and it helps to dry out blemishes. It's a thick paste, that dries pretty quickly after I've applied it. Only a light layer will do the job. It deep cleanses my skin and I feel like it really helps with the excess oil issue. My skin feels a bit thight afterwords but I don't mind. It's pretty effective stuff and I love it! But if I had dry skin, I would stay away. The only thing that I don't like about it that the mask is coloured green, maybe just because the name says mint. White mask would have been just fine :)


INCI for the Mint Julep Masque

I love the scrub too! This one also is not for the most sensitive skins, I would say. The exfoliating particles are quite big but to me that's a good thing, it really works and removes all the dead skin and helps out with any dry spots that I may have. Mint Julep Natural Facial scrub has a strong scent, but to me it's ok. All and all a pretty good scrub and I will repurchase definitely!

INCI for the Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub

All and all these products are nice quality and the perfect match for my oily skin. They are super cheap too, and I sure do love a bargain!

Here's the beloved mask from Clinique. Why, oh why, did it get discontinued? Mint Julep Masque is a great replacement but I would go back to this anytime if they would just bring it back because it was scent free and...white :)



Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. haha that is unnecessary to add color just for the name. I think most people nowadays are smart enough to not want the color/scent. I am thinking about getting the masque for the first time since I hear + reviews for it generally. I'll prob. use it on my T zone only since you say it's not as great for dry skin. Thanks for reviewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's unnecessary and feels a bit silly. I don't care if my mask is green or white. Green looks funny though :)

      Delete