Monday, May 28, 2012

Review: Maybelline Color Tattoo by Eyestudio 24h Gel-Cream Eyeshadow in Permanent Taupe! Plus EOTD :)

Finally we have these in Finland! I've been waiting to get my hands on one particular color, and of course it's the Tough as Taupe. Maybelline has changed the names for the market in Europe, I suppose, and it's called Permanent Taupe here. I really don't know why they would do that but anyways, I was super happy to find these! All the other colors looked pretty too but I'm on a budget and could only allow myself to get one of the colors. Surely I got the taupe one because, like many others, I love taupe :)



The jar has a decent amount of product and the product inside sure is super pigmented! It feels super nice and only a little goes a long way. So it'll be hard to use this up, I hope the jar is a quality one and the eye shadow won't start to dry out that soon. For a drugstore price this cream eye shadow has the quality of a high end product. I'm really loving it!


Look how pretty and pigmented! The color is a true taupe, it's a cool brown with a hint of gray in it. You can use it as base with many other colors, not just with the taupe ones.


I'm not used to cream eye shadows, this is one of the few that I own. But I must say that it's very easy to use! It blends out nicely and evenly with my finger or a syntethic brush. I don't know how it works just on its own, I've used it under powdery shadows only. But I'm hoping it works great on it's own too. People have been comparing these with MAC's Paint Pots but I wouldn't know about that since I don't own any Paint Pots. All I know that this stuff is great! I paid around 8€ for it which is a decent price for a product with such high quality.

Here's a taupe smokey eye that I did using the Color Tattoo 24h Gel-Cream Eyeshadow and the Smoky Eyes Quad by Maybelline. I used the the two taupe shadows over the Permanent Taupe and then blended out with MNY's 903A and 149A. I used the 309 as a highlight color. I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance under the Color Tattoo but I think it works without a separate primer too. Maybelline Falsies mascara and NYX Peach as a blush to bring a warm hue for the face since the eyes have a cool tone. I wore this as an evening look but I sure could wear it during the daytime too, it's very appropriate and pretty!




Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. really like the idea of cream shadows, they make so easy to blend out with your fingers

    sundancehudson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still hesitant wether I should buy them or not, but that gorgeous eye look tells me that I definitely should!

    ReplyDelete