Thursday, March 1, 2012

Review: NYX Single Eyeshadow in Taupe Pearl!

Like many others, I love neutral colors when it comes to wearing eye shadow. I'm not that interested playing with different colors and most days, when I'm wearing shadow, I wear just a nude color all over my lid or a lighter brown smokey eye. Most days I don't wear eye shadow at all, just mascara.

I've been collecting some pretty taupes and NYX Taupe Pearl is definitely one of them. Cooler or silvery taupes suit me better, but I like the warmer colors too. Taupe Pearl is on the warmer side but, oh, just so pretty! And the consistency is creamy and soft, very nice quality indeed!













Taupe Pearl is super pigmented! Here's the swatch pictures. No primer and just one sweep! Looks pretty and feels super soft. The finish is satin, just lovely and easy to work with.





For comparison, here's the silvery taupe from I Dream of Jamaica palette (the one in the middle). One of the best I've ever seen :)



I get my NYX products from Cherry Culture. These single eyeshadows are around $4. I don't even want to pay for the higher end brands when I can get really nice, quality stuff for $4. I love NYX :)

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. That is a very pretty taupe indeed :) I might need to add this to my Nyx want list..

    Have you tried Dune? It's a cooler more grey taupe and I think it might suit you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you need to get Taupe Pearl, yes :) And thanks for the tip, I need to add Dune to my wish list!

      Delete