Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Review: NYX Nude on Nude Natural Look Kit!

I never jumped on that Urban Decay Naked palette wagon, I just didn't think it was anything special and the colors were just not for me. The new Naked 2 seems much more interesting but I don't think I'll be getting that either.

NYX's Nude on Nude palette is said to be a nice dupe for the Naked palette, I saw some pictures and I think so too! I just liked it because of its nice collection of neutrals. Here's my pictures, swatches and a quick review of the palette.







The palette itself is quite small, it's probably the size of my palm. But it holds pretty things :) A mix of nine matt, satin and shimmery eye shadows and two glosses /lipcolors. Two applicators (some one might find them useful) and a mirror. Nice job NYX, and all this for $9,99.



The palette has two glosses, a darker, almost coppery, peachy color and a baby pink color.



I specially like the three eye shadows from the first row. They seem here a bit too cold, this palette is definitely on the warmer side. I took these two pictures in different lighting, the second one is much more closer to the actual color. Some of the colors are very pigmented, I specially like the darker browns for a smokey eye. Easy to work with and just amazing. The warmer golden and coppery colors I know I won't use that much because cooler tones suit me better, but I know I will be using this palette for everyday looks and to create neutral smokey eyes.





I'm so sorry, I take such poor and bad pictures! Bare with me :) The first nude/champagne highlighting color does not show up on my skin here, but it's a creat color for blending for me. Some of the shadows are more pigmented than the others but all and all it's a great palette! If you love warm neurals, this is your palette! All the colors feel soft and pretty nice quality.





I added some swatches of the Too Faced Glamour to Go - The Dream Edition palette, take a look if you will :)

Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. That palette looks really nice. The only thing I don't like about is that it has those lipglosses, I never use them and I think (that for me) they are pretty inpractical. I would like to get just the shadows ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi you're right. I'm not a fan of those glosses either, nice idea but maybe a blush would be better? :) And I think the glosses will start to go bad a lot sooner than the shadows so I have to dig them out eventually..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have this one, I have the purple kit like this, and I love it, NYX makes such cute and pretty eyeshadow kits.

    Hey could you vote for me to be the next Rimmel 10? I'm Megan M. All the infos on my blog!
    http://collegemakeupbudget.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your waterproof mascara reviews!!
    I too have stubbornly straight lashes so I think I might go for the Define a Lash Volume. Is it still your favourite?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Scarlett! I'm glad if my reviews have helped someone :) Yes, Define-A-Lash Volume is still my favourite, I'm using it at the moment. It holds curl all day! I also like Lumene's Blueberry Curl in waterpfoof but it might be hard to find where you live. I like to try a lot of different waterproof mascaras but I always go back to these two :)

      Delete