Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Review: NYX Slim Eye Pencils - the glittery versions!


When I saw these glittery eye pencils from NYX for only under $2 each, well, you know the story, had to have them and so on. I somehow forgot to post about the pens but now I want to show them to you because I think they are just brilliant!

I got three shades, Black Glitter, Crystal Glitter and Lavender Glitter. The names are quite boring but these pens sure are not.

I usually stay away from chunky glitter, I'm not a fan. Plus it irritates my eyes so glitter and I just don't match. However, at this price I can make an exception :)



Lovely basic eye pens with silvery glitter!





The consistency is much softer than I expected. I thought the glitter would be harsh on my eyes but it's actually not. The color pay-off is nice! To me it seems that the glitter stays put and is not all over my face at the end of the day. Not that I would wear glitter during the day but you know what I mean. I like Black Glitter the most, it's very subtle and adds just a little bit of sparkle and edge to my eyes. Crystal Glitter looks amazing in the inner corner of my eyes or just worn alone on the upper lash line. Lavender Glitter I haven't worn that much, it's a pretty color but I just like the versatile Black and Crystal better.



All and all, for under $2 each, I'm very pleased that I finally crossed over to the glittery side. Glittery liners is a good way to start, I think. It's still a long way to go to loose glitter, but you never know. I bought a bronzer so why not glitter too?

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. It is pretty, I don't know why I haven't used it that much!

    ReplyDelete