Sunday, October 23, 2011

Review: Garnier Caffeine Anti-dark Circles 2 in 1 Tinted Eye Roll-on

Boy was I surprised when I first tried this new favourite of mine, it's the Caffeine Anti-dark Circles 2 In 1 Tinted Eye Roll-on from Garnier! Dispite the ridiculous name it has, it turned out to be a great concealer! Here's my review.


The container is ok, it's plastic and a bit cheap looking, but then again it's from a drugstore brand and I'm saying this again, but only the product inside really matters. Unfortunately I destroyed the original cardboard packaging, it had some information about the product. My version is the 01 Very Light, it's for the fairest complexions and I was surprised that it really is fair! Nice job, Garnier!



Garnier's Roll-on Anti-dark Circles is a 2 in 1 product for under the eyes. According to Garnier, it hydrates the skin and helps reduce the dark under-eye circles but also provides a quick solution by concealing them. It has some caffeine in it, it's supposed to help reduce the puffiness you might have in the morning. I paid around 13€ for mine and got 15 ml of product.

I don't know about the skin caring abilities, it doesn't seem to help with the puffiness or my dark circles but the concealing part is a whole other story!



The roll-on applicator feels very cool and refreshing on my skin and it sure makes the application easy. Just roll-on under the eyes and blend! It's easy and nice to use.





In the first swatch picture you can see that the concealer is quite liquidy and light, so you might think that this as a concealer is not going to work. That's what I though first anyways. But when you start to blend it out, it turns out to blend really nice and seems so much more pigmented now than in the beginning. It covers up just nicely! I have super dark circles and some redness but this one really conceals all my problem areas without being too heavy or cakey. I don't even have to powder over it which is great, I really want to avoid the cakey look under my eyes. So I don't use this as a skin care product but as a really nice piece of makeup.

Like I said, I don't see any difference when it comes to the my under-eye circles or the skin under my eyes. My circles don't seem lighter but I didn't really expect it anyway, I don't know it there is a product that can do that. I expected it to be a basic skin care product but it turned out to be a perfect concealer! Light texture, very fair color to match my complexion and very blendable and covers up, I can't ask for more! I was really surprised to find something like this from basic a skin care brand. I'm loving it!


Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. If you want to get your undereyes lighter you need salmon colored powder. I once got on tester (with red neutraliser) and I tried it and wow - it really neutralise blue, gray and greenish colors under your eye.
    http://locobonito.blogspot.com/2011/04/lumiere-cosmetics.html
    lumiere - salmon

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, I think I need to get a salmon colored concealer but the problem is that I would have to find a shade that's light enough, I'm super pale and it may look a bit funny if my under-eye concealer is not matching my foundation. I have to start ordering some samples :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have been googling this stuff to see if it works. it wa snice to read your review. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your review. It's always so hard to know whether these products are actually worth trying so it's great to know how it turned out for you. Think I'm going to give it a try!

    Love Katie x

    ReplyDelete