Thursday, August 25, 2011

Review: Mádara skin care set for oily to combination skin

I've tried to sit down and write this post about Mádara for a long time! Now I'm ready. I'm about to praise, so I just want you know that I'm not sponsored by Mádara :) And sorry about the poor pictures.

I have gone through a couple of these sets already so I have a pretty good idea how these products work for me. Let me tell you, Mádara has made some wonders on my acne prone/super oily skin. I tried many other natural products for my face before I found Mádara. The problem was that there wasn't that meny natural products out there that were suitable for my oily skin. At least here in Finland all the available natural skin care ranges did not carry products for oily skin.

The set includes Madara's deep purifying foam, deep clarifying toner and deep moisture gel. They are all targeted for oily to combination skin. This skin care range is all natural and partly organic. All products have Ecosert - sertification. Mádara sells all the products separately too, you just save money if you buy the whole set.





Deep purifying foam is my favourite! It's all natural but still very effective! It really removes all my makeup. I always wash my face twice, usually with the same product, first to remove my makeup and then to really cleanse my face thoroughly. This type of double cleansing with the foam is working really well for me. The foam does not dry out my skin, it's effective but gentle in the same time. I love it!


Take a look at that INCI. Oh wow.



The deep clarifying toner is also great. The toner for oily to combination skin has alcohol (which is a natural ingredient) and it can be a bit harsh on more sensitive skin types but to me it's been just amazing. Sometimes it can feel stingy in some drier areas but I don't see that to be bad thing. It's working for me, the toner makes my skin feel just perfectly clean!





The deep moisture gel is really the best thing ever. If you have oily skin like me, I would highly recommend this. For combination skin types this can be too light, at least in the winter time. After applying the gel my skin feels a bit tight, which has never happend before! So it's definitely not too much, the gel is very light and I love it. I feel like it controls the oilyness a bit and makes my skin feel balanced out and fresh. I feel like I have no words for praising this gel enough, it's just perfect for my oily skin and the best part is that it's free from all the harmful chemicals. And it's oil free. Lovelove!





All products have a light scent, it's coming from the natural extracts I think. It's not sweet, it's reminds me of dry hay. To me it's fine, it's not too strong or disturbing.

It seems that all these products together have helped my skin to clear out from most of my blemishes and helped with the oil issue. To me the best part is that it's a natural skin care range.

The only thing I'm not that happy about is that these products are pretty expensive. The set costs around 50€. If you buy the products separately, it's even more. The moisture gel retails for about 24€ alone. At this moment I'm willing to spend that money because of the natural aspect and the fact that these products have really helped me out. Because of the higher price I might try something else in the future, but I believe I will always come back to Mádara.

Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. Hello. I recently discovered this brand and found your review. Thanx, it is very helpful. The products look so nice and clean...I would love to try them Right now I use very similar products from a Swiss Brand - Farfalla. I also have acne prone skin and I am looking for something which cleans deeply, but does not dry out the skin. So I am just testing on farfalla...but may be next time I will try out this kit. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Greetings from Germany Severine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you for your comment :) I wrote this review in 2011 and I still use these products today and love them. Sometimes I want to try new products but I always go back to these, nothing else seem to work this well keeping my acne at bay. So I highly recommend to try this oily skin set if you have acne prone skin! :)

      Delete
  2. Hello. Thanks for your review. It was very helpful! After reading it I decided to try madara products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I'm glad you found if helpful :) I'm still using all of these products and now I have started using a dry oil from Madara as a night time moisturiser. My skin is loving it! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi!
    Madara makes sales 2 or 3 times per year -30% for all products.
    Then is the best time to buy. I absolutely love Madara and I'm proud to say that I'm Latvian. The same country where Madara comes.

    ReplyDelete