Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Review: Milani Baked Blush in Dolce Pink!

When these Baked Blushes from Milani came out some time ago, I tried to get my hands on them but they were sold out everywhere! We don't have Milani here in Finland.. So I waited my time when Cherry Culture stocked up and now I got my Dolce Pink!



The packaging looks quite nice to me. The golden color theme gives an implication of this product actually being more expensive than it really is. Milani Baked Blush retailed only about $6!
The package feels a bit cheap though. But Milani is definitely a low end brand and I'm not interested about the packaging but only the product inside!



And let me tell you, the product most certainly feels high end and expensive! And just look how pretty!

The color is a warm pink with a peachy tone. It's definitely more pink than peachy. I usually don't reach out for the warm pinks but this one seemed perfect for the summer!



The consistency is soft and it's easy to apply. Dolce Pink is definitely shimmery but it's not too much. The shimmers seem to be finely milled and are not that visible on the skin. Dolce Pink gives me just a lovely glow and healthier look. The finish is sheer and boy, I'm in love.


Milani Baked Blushes come with a mirror and a brush. I like the mirror but the brush is totally useless. This is the case with almost every blush brush that comes with a blush, no matter what the brand is. They are too small for a decent application.



The pigmentation is not as good as I hoped it would be, but the sheer natural finish is quite pretty on my cheeks. Maybe blush doesn't have to be overdone every time...? Don't worry, I'm not changing my ways of applying blush. Less is more is NOT one of my principles.


I liked Milani's Baked Blush in Dolce Pink so much that I placed another order already... I picked out two more colors and hopefully they are more on the cool side, that is after all what I like the most.

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Jatkanpa siitä, mihin viimeksi jäin. Tämä Dolce Pink oli tosiaan läpikuultavin ostamistani punista, muissa on enemmän pigmenttiä. Tilasin itse myös Luminoson (joka on sekin aika kevyt, mutta koostumukseltaan pehmeämpi ja vähemmän glitterinen kuin Dolce Pink), Berry Amoren ja Rose D'Oron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miten muuten vertaisit tuota Milanin poskaria MACin Mineralize- poskipuniin? Ajattelin että nuo Milanit olisivat aika hyviä dupeja niille :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nekku: Minäkin tilasin kaksi lisää, olikohan ne juuri tuo Berry Amore ja toinen taisi olla se Fantastico Mauve. Ja hyvä tietää että enemmän pigmenttiä luvassa! Täytyy varmaan laittaa harkintaan tuokin Luminoso. :)

    Mirssiina: En omista yhtään MACin Mineralize-punaa, (vaikka tosin olen niitä käynyt hipeltämässä Stockalla). Vaikea sanoa siis kun ei ole ollut käytössä!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! do you know where i can get this blush? i`m in Finland at the moment. i tried to look for milani counter but i guess they don`t have it here in Finland

    ReplyDelete