Saturday, March 26, 2011

Review: NARS Albatross!


Apparently, I'm also always in search of the perfect highlighter. I use and abuse highlighters like no-one and after my two favourites, NYX Mosaic Powder in Highlight and Mschic Highlighting powder, run out, I've been on the hunt again!

NARS Albatross, THE highlighter for a lot of beauty junkies, had been on my wish list for some time. I just couldn't get my hands on it but then one day in Paris, in a Sephora...

I paid the ridiculous 29€ from this candy cane! Was it worth it? I think you know the answer.



Oh well...
The package has the same problem I mentioned when a review my NARS Angelika blush, it gets dirty pretty soon if you don't keep it away from your other makeup products. It's a shame, an expensive product turning into a shabby looking thing so fast.



4,8 grams of product seems like a lot for a blush or a highlighter but for me, the highlighter abuser, it seems quite a little. I'm afraid I will hit pan pretty quickly and then I end up not using it too often.





But just look! A pretty white thing...how can I resist and not use something like this? The texture is everything I expected it to be: smooth, creamy, velvety...just plain lovely I'll say.









Albatross can look a little boring and too white in the pan but it has an amazing golden pearly finish! There are no visible shimmers, it's is very finely milled. The outcome is just a warm golden hue, my face is lightened up and glowy. You don't need much, just one sweep is enough! I use this all over my face (actually this time with a light hand) and it's not too much during the daytime.

Albatross has become absolutely one of my favourites. It's definitely worth the 29€. Plain glow and loveliness! I just have to slow down my highlighter consumption or Albatross will take all my money... Because I see some definite repurchases coming in the future!

I would recommend this luxury item for every girl who has not found their HG highligher yet. This is it! You get that lovely glow that every girl dreams of.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I ADORE Nars!

    love your blog, I'm following!

    I've got a CHANEL GIVEAWAY here... would love you to enter:

    http://thoroughlymodernmilly5.blogspot.com/2011/03/chanel-giveaway.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following Milly!

    I have to check out that blog of yours :)

    ReplyDelete