Saturday, March 19, 2011

Review: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural

Wow have I been MIA again. I'm so sorry about that! But I've got a new job and it has kept me busy but now I'm starting to get hold of it and everything else on the side and we can get down with this beauty stuff! I have loads of reviews I want to write.

Today I want to tell you about my new love, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. This is hands down the best finishing powder I've ever owned. Seriously.



I had heard so many good things about this finishing powder so I decided to pay the ridiculous amount of money to get my hands on this baby. I had my doubts before the first time I applied MSF Natural over my mineral foundation. Boy, were my expectations exceeded! So glad that I spend all that money.



MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is in the same size pan that the MSF highlighers/blushes. So it's a good size. The color I decided to go for is NOT the lightest one there is. I chose, with the help of a professional makeup artist, the second lightest Light Medium. The makeup artist at the counter was sure that it's not too dark for me and it would only give me a warm hue for my complexion. She was right. It does just that. I'm overwhelmed! Me, the pale girl does not have to go for the lightest. The color is not too dark, but you can see a color difference if you apply the powder heavily. Maybe next I'll try the lightest one, just to make sure..



The texture is very smooth, not cakey or too dry. It feels so creamy soft! To me it seems that this powder can even out my complexion and keep my foundation nice and fresh for a longer time.





MSF Natural gives a perfect finish. The finish is surely matte but at the same time it gives a sheer glow to your complexion. The glow is not visible to a bare eye but it's there, like it's coming from the inside. Oh how poetic.

MSF Natural does not cake up on your face and the finish is not too powdery. I'm not sure how much I can praise this powder before I start to sound like I was sponsored by MAC. The swatch picture is bad I know, but the color or the finish was hard to capture in a picture. You just have to try it yourself.

One of my concernes was that there's jojoba in the beginning of the INCI list and I was afraid this powder would brake me out but at least for now it hasn't. Maybe it won't! I just love it so much I would be devastated if it did. Fingers are crossed.



The price is definitely high (28€ in Finland), I wouldn't pay any higher price than this for a powder. But this time I'm so glad that I did and if my new love doesn't brake me out then this will last till the end of time!


Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Olen kyllä ehdottoman samaa mieltä! Itse tosin totesin Light Mediumin ihan vähän liian tummaksi ja siirryin Lightiin. Menee meikkipohjanakin hyvänä päivänä tai vaikka kauppareissulla, kun laittaa kabukilla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taidan itsekin seuraavaksi kokeilla tuon Lightin ihan vertailun vuoksi. Täytyy kokeilla vielä meikkipohjana tätä :)

    ReplyDelete