Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Review: Lumene Blueberry Curl waterproof mascara

I wanted to review a mascara that has been a favourite of mine for a long time. Sometimes I differ from my path and try other mascaras but I always come back to this one. It's Lumene's Blueberry Curl Mascara in waterproof. My choise of color is Rich Black (as always).

It's one of the rubbery wand mascaras so with that I expect to get a good definition and surely some volume. This is what Lumene says about the mascara: "Flexible plastic brush curls lashes for perfection & builds clump-free volume at first stroke". Sounds almost too good to be true..

The packaging is just cute! It looks very fancy with the blue color and shiny surface. It looks way more expensive that it really is! Lumene mascaras retail normally about 15€, I paid 9,90€ for mine and I think it's a reasonable price. I don't like paying too much money for a high end mascara when you can get the same quality with a dugstrore brand but just much cheaper.



The wand is a good size wand that has a flat side and a larger side creating an edge to the wand. I haven't had any troubles with this wand, I think it works perfectly for me. I think we all have our own way of applying mascara, this wand works very nicely with my style! With the edge I can apply a great amount of product to the base of my lashes and then have the separating effect at the same time. The wand picks up just the right amount of product! I like the design very much indeed.






And the results are amazing! Separated, clump-free lashes! And there's also definitely some visible volume. And this really keeps my curl all day long. My lashes look exactly the same in the evening that they look in the morning right after doing my makeup. I love it.

So my lashes are separated and there's volume but they are not spider legs or too much. Just perfect for my taste, subtle but still something extra.

The results are pretty similar to the results I got with Maybelline's Define-A-Lash Volume. Lumene gives me maybe just a bit more volume. For comparison, here's my review of the Define-A-Lash. You can really see a difference between that and Blueberry Curl!



One problem is the removal. It does not come off easily, I must say. Sometimes I lose some individual lashes in the process. But I guess you can't have it all! I just love the results too much to let a little flaw like that bother me. By far this is the best mascara for me that I've ever tested. I will go back to this many times in the future!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I used up at least 3 of Lumenes Blueberry Curl mascaras, although in brown and never in waterproof. Now am trying out the Natural Code mascaras. I really like their wands, Define-a-lashäs wand was crapola.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried one of the Natural Code mascaras and I think it was ok. Last time I checked they still didn't have waterproof ones and that's a shame.

    ReplyDelete