Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Review: Maybelline Define-A-Lash waterproof mascara

This mascara is the big sister for the Volume version as it came out first during the rubber wand boom. I reviewed the Volume verision here.

Define-A-Lash is supposed to give you definition with no clumps and sensuously long lashes. Sensuously...oh well, let's see if it does that!



The wand is curved from the bottom. So this means you have to hold the wand the right way. I'm not a big fan of this type of a design. The product comes out of the tube unevenly with this type of a wand and I have to get rid of the excess.
This wand is also kind of bendy, feels almost a bit too flimsy. It makes the application a bit difficult.



But! The outcome is great if you take your time with the application. Nice definition and no clumps indeed. I really like the outcome. My lashes are already long so I don't really need more length and therefore don't know about the lengthening abilities of this mascara. I don't seek that so I don't really pay attention to that matter.

To be honest, I don't really see the difference between the Volume version and this one when it comes to the outcome. Defines my lashes and holds the curl very nicely, no problems there! But if I had to choose I would go with the Volume one because of the sturdier wand and easier application. If the wand is flimsy I feel it's just hard to work with.

All and all a good mascara if we only look at the outcome. I think my lashes are quite sensuous... Not that user friendly so I have to say that I probably will not repurchase. I will get the Volume one.




And I must add that both of these mascaras are easy to remove. I've had no problems with that. Some waterproof mascaras are just very difficult to remove, but not these Maybelline ones.

And a little heads up for you my dear readers. I'm going on a vacation so there won't be posts for a little while. But my destination has Sephora, I can tell you that...I'm already concerned.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment