Saturday, February 12, 2011

Review: Maybelline Define-A-Lash Volume waterproof mascara

Hi there!

Today I decided to review this relatively new favourite of mine. It's the Define-A-Lash Volume by Maybelline in waterproof. And of course in waterproof, that's the only way I like it.

I think it's not worth paying ridiculous amounts of money for a high end brand when it comes to mascaras. You can get equally fine products from the drugstore ranges, you just take less damage. I'm also one of those girls who use their mascara for the three or four months and then gets rid of it. So I don't want to waste my money! I do work hard for my money after all.

Ok, enough with the lecturing. On to the mascara! Ok, a bad thing first. The cap feels a bit loose to me! I really have to make sure it's really closed after using this mascara. Maybe it's not in all of them, I just happened to have a bad one. The text has also worn off after soaking this in my everyday makeup bag. Well, doesn't really matter.



The wand is the rubber one, I have liked the rubber ones for a long time now. I don't see myself going back to the regular ones any time soon. It would have to be a really good one to make me do it. Like the Benefit BadGal Lash that I've heard raves about...I just feel like the rubber wands give me the definition that I seek for in a good mascara. I have quite good amount of lashes and they are long (yes, I have been blessed) so I've noticed that the rubber ones just work the best for me. The volume is a plus.

The wand in Define-A-Lash Volume is quite big and a bit curved towards the edges. I have no bad thing to say about this wand! Definitely no clumps with this one!



Like the mascara promises, no clumps and good separation. The name says volume on it but I really don't see it giving me that much volume. That is the problem with most waterproof mascaras, the texture of the mascara is so different. You have to apply this with patience and with multiple small strokes before if dries. If you add layers of after the first one's dried, that's no good. Girls, don't do it.

But what I'm really looking for is the definition and that I get with this one! Towards the end the definition wasn't that good anymore because the mascara started to dry out, but that's what happens with every mascara.

The results are pretty good. And my curls stays all day! That's a very important aspect in my opinion. So to me Define-A-Lash Volume is a great mascara! I will repurchase most definitely.



Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment