Monday, January 10, 2011

Review: The Body Shop Nutriganics Smoothing Eye Cream

Morning!

Some time ago I hauled Nutriganics Smoothing Eye Cream from The Body Shop. It's certified natural cosmetics and I was really looking forward trying out a new eye cream. Now it's time to tell you what I think about this product!




First off, the packaging looks quite plain and simple. Green color over a grey package can be pleasant but nothing special there. The colors try to give the impression of nature which is quite ok because this is organic stuff. I would have hoped for more color but only because I'm a sucker for pretty packages. To someone else the package does not matter this much. I like the pump bottle, more hygienic than a tube or a jar!

Moving on to the product itself. The Body Shop says that this eye cream is for the first signs of ageing and that it's smoothing and it reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles with organic babassu oil. So I thought it would give me at least moisture. I don't think any cream can really reduce wrinkles that much. But I had really high hopes for this cream when it comes to moisturising!

When I first applied this cream I thought it felt nice, kind of light texture and it was easy to apply. I still feel that way but then I started to think maybe the texture was a bit too light for me. My skin is very sensitive around eyes and I'm picky about the products I use in that area.

My thoughts were confirmed after using Smoothing Eye Cream for a while. As it turns out, unfortunately this puffs my eyes. In the morning there is definite puffiness in my eye area, not just the bags under the eye. I know I'm supposed to apply eye cream very lightly and some people even avoid the lid area. I want moisture all over my eye area and I want it to feel like it's moisturised enough. What this product fails to do is to give me enough moisture with a small amount of product. I must have applied this too much and then in the morning I can see the results...I don't agree that this could be just my fault. It was obvious that if this stuff puffed my eyes my wrinkles would not be reduced.

Then I noticed that there are tiny mica particles in this eye cream that can actually be seen with bare eye. I think they are supposed to bring light under your eyes but I don't like it at all. For me that is just a no-no in a cream that I apply on my skin. Make up is another thing.

This could be a good eye cream for those who don't need that much moisture than I do. So I'm not saying this is not good stuff, it just wasn't suitable for me. I really wanted to like this product because it's all natural and seemed so good in the beginning. But I think I need to go find a new eye cream.

Here's the INCI for those who are interested.




Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry this didn't work out for you.
    The Body Shop products don't really appeal to me, maybe because I had a bad experience with their Tea Tree Cleanser...I don't know but I rarely walk into their shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry too, I had high hopes! :( I think you need only one bad experience and then the brand is ruined for you, at least for some time.

    ReplyDelete