Friday, October 15, 2010

Review: Urban Decay De-Slick In A Tube Mattifying Gel

Oh do I have some great news for girls with oily skin!!!



Some time ago I purchased the Urban Decay De-Slick In A Tube that is a mattifying gel. Now I have used it for a while and let me tell you, once again I cannot believe that I haven't tried this before. I'm so mad at myself for not looking for a product like this before and actually making my life better! I was just happily dwelling in my own misery before I found this.

This stuff really works for me! I have been applying De-Slick only on my T-zone (chin, nose and forehead) because that's been the problem area even though I get oily all over by the end of the day. Let me tell you. Normally I have to blot at least after two hours after applying my makeup. I start to get oily about...20 minutes after. But with this that doesn't happen, I can go without worrying about it at least the 2 hours and not get oily! I have to blot about after 3 hours and even then my skin is not that oily. I could definitely go for another hour, but I've gotten used to blotting often, so I can't break that off... But this is a huge improvement for me!

De-Slick has a sticky consistency, it dries immediately after you apply it so you can't really work it on to your skin. I first tried applying it to larger areas but soon found that it was unnecessary. A little amount on the T-zone will do the job. And by little I mean like a teeny tiny drop.

Makeup will go smoothly on despite the sticky feeling you get from De-slick. Mineral foundation goes on without any problems except for one. If you use mineral foundation, you probably know that you can fix your makeup with a kabuki brush during the day, a few swirls with kabuki kind of rearrange the minerals to their place and your makeup looks fresh again. With De-Slick this gets a bit difficult. De-slick is so sticky, so the minerals are sticking to it very tightly. You have to apply powder or foundation with your kabuki to fix the makeup.

You get even better results if you use this with a setting spray. I use the Urban Decay All Nighter after applying De-Slick and then again after applying makeup to set it. All Nighter works as a primer too. De-slick plus two times All Nighter makes wonders! My makeup seriously stays all day. Of course I have to fix it throughout the day but without this combination there would be no makeup left by the end of the day.

I have been waiting (the pessimist that I am) for this to stop working for me but it hasn't. I just wonder how great this would be for combination skin because it's working so well for oily skin!

I was hoping this could work as a primer too. I apply my foundation primer under my eyes too to keep the concealer from creasing, but you can apply this only to the really oily areas of your skin. This is too heavy and sticky stuff to work as a primer on all over your face. So I apply my foundation primer to rest of my face. Btw, I need to find a new primer because I'm running out my GOSH one..

Let's see the pros and cons:

+ extends the oil-free time for 2-4 hours!
+ works all day, after blotting you can easily go for another 3 hours
+ small amount goes a long way
+ combined with a setting spray you get even better results
+ cute packaging

- the amount of product you get
- quite expensive
- sticky consistency

This retails for about $25 and it comes in a 20 ml / 0.67 oz tube.

If you have very oily skin like me, I would definitely recommend you to go and get this stuff. It's quite expensive but I think it is worth the money, this tube will last a long time. I'm so happy I've found it! This gel combined with my setting spray and mineral foundation my makeup lasts all day and I thought that was impossible for me to ever reach. Of course this does not keep the oil away completely, I don't think there is a product in this world that would do that. But De-Slick In A Tube helps a little and I couldn't be more excited. I'm serious. Go get it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment