Monday, January 3, 2011

Mineral Stuff...!

This post will be dedicated to mineral makeup! I'm in love with this stuff.






I used to be a liquid foundation girl all the way. I thought it gave me the most perfect coverage and was the only thing that could last all day and night. I used to go for the full coverage.

My favorite liquid foundation used to be Clarins Matte Harmony. And believe me, I had tried a lot of foundations throughout the years. Another favourite used to be Max Factor's Lasting Performance, even though the lightest shade is too dark for me. One of the biggest problems with liquid foundations was that it was sometimes impossible to find the right color for my fair skin. Always the best ones were too dark.

Some time ago I was on an organic cosmetic kick and did a lot of research about the mineral makeup. It was supposed to be good for your skin, everyone was saying. They consist of only natural ingredients and are vegan. Sounds good? I had doubts about the coverage though. I really need the full coverage.

There was also rumors about the shades, it could be possible to get a foundation TOO light! I couldn't believe it.

Then I found out that Everyday Minerals has a foundation that gives you the flawless face that I wanted. They have a full coverage foundation AND pale shades. The prices were right so I placed my order and got a basic kit of stuff I needed to get started. A concealer, a foundation, a couple of brushes and a finishing powder.

In this post I will talk about my favourites and just general stuff about minerals.

The foundation


Everyday Minerals



To me, this is the best stuff. It's the intensive formula that gives you pretty much full coverage. I didn't believe it until I saw it with my own eyes. It covers most of my acne scars! Not to mention the redness. This is a very fair shade. The intensive formula gives you matt finish.

A good thing to have with mineral foundation is a setting spray. With my oily skin I find this to be a must. I use the Urban Decay All Nighter.


Lily Lolo



Lily Lolo's foundation is also very good quality. It does not give me as much coverage with a little amount that EM gives, but it also works great. If you have the time and energy to buff in more layers, it definitely covers the flaws you want. The selection of shades is pretty good, I use the lightest one, Porcelain. It's really light!
The packaging is also very pretty and you get 10 grams of product in one jar. That is a lot and goes a long way!




Application


I apply my foundation with these Everyday Minerals Kabukis. They are synthetic, pretty tense and very soft. With the flat top I can get the full coverage, the round one gives good results too. A good kabuki is the key with mineral foundation. You really have to buff the foundation in to the kabuki and then buff it thoroughly onto your face. The more you buff the better the finish.



Concealer


After applying the foundation I apply the concealer. Mineral concealers are in the form of powder and have a lot of pigment. I thought that only a creamy concealer could hide my imperfections but I was wrong. This stuff really works I'm telling you.
I used to have the Intensive Fair concealer from Everyday Minerals but I also wanted to try the Aussie Perk Me Up because it has a pearlecsent formula that is supposed to bring light to my face where the Intensive Fair is a matt concealer. Aussie Perk Me Up was kind of pearly but that did not look that good on my acne scars. So I prefer a matt concealer. I've also used the foundation as a concealer, works also well used like that.








I apply my mineral concealer with a synthetic oval concealer brush. This one is from Everyday Minerals. It's tense and soaks up a great amount of concealer. The oval top allows a more specific application in smaller areas. I love it.



Finishing powders


Lily Lolo's Flawless Silk is a finishing powder that gives you a lovely finish with a subtle glow. Amazing stuff!





Pearl Beige is a pearly finishing powder from EM. This can be used to just highlighting but, surely, I've used this all over my face. Gives a nice glow without being glittery. Lights up a tired face!




It's not always necessary to use finishing powder but when you have oily skin it may help your makeup last longer. I apply powder with a big soft face brush like this one from Make Up Store. And I do use powder with a light hand, hard to believe is it...?




Blushes


Mineral blushes are also in the form of powder and they are very pigmented. I don't have that much experience in mineral blushes, I ordered a couple from Everyday Minerals but they turned out to be wrong colors for me. But the pigmentation is amazing, you need only the littlest amount of product and need to blend very carefully. This one is Soco from EM. I really need to buy some more mineral blushes...





This was a super long post, I hope it was usefull to someone.

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. You sound just like me 2 years ago, when I discovered that there indeed is makeup for pale people too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Sometimes it's hard to be such a pale face!! I'm so happy this problem is solved now :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to like EDM, too, but don't buy from them anymore. I love Silk Naturals, Sassy Minerals, Darling Girl Cosmetics and Fyrinnae. I also like The All Natural Face and Adorned With Grace Minerals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to look into those companies you mentioned! I always want to test out something new, eventhough I'm in love with the EM foundation, it has the best coverage.

    ReplyDelete